trigger for pre and post rsync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jun 10 21:40:54 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:27:26PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> However after some digging in the sources I decided that especially
> postexec would not be that easy to catch.

Yes, post-exec is the harder of the two to implement, especially if you
want the script to be run outside the chroot() jail with the original
user permissions of the daemon.

If someone wants to fiddle with the idea, there is a crude patch to get
you started here (one which does not attempt to run post-exec outside of
chroot):

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/rsync/patches/pre-post-exec.diff

However, keep in mind that this patch is largely untested and has
minimal error-checking.  Read the caveats at the start of the patch too.