source side

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jun 10 18:15:34 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 09:27:42AM +1000, Juergen Busam wrote:
> I still have my formerly mentioned timestamp problem. IS rsync changing
> the timestamps on the sourceside?

No, rsync doesn't do anything on the source-side except read things
(unless --remove-sent-files is specified, in which case it also removes
things).  If your timestamps on the source are changing, something else
is changing them.  (You may wish to verify that the timestamps on the
source are the ones that are changing and not the destination -- rsync
updates the files when the timestamps are different, but you don't know
for sure which side has the changed timestamps unless you investigate.)