Rsync cross-compilation problem

Florian Fainelli florian at alphacore.net
Wed Jan 19 20:52:14 GMT 2005

Hi all !

I really appreciate rsync, so that I would like to make a package for the mips
architecture, but I encounter a problem when trying to cross compile it :

the configure script has been called using the following options :

  --with-gnu-ld \
  --disable-largefiles \
  --with-included-popt \
  --with-rsh=ssh \

And when using the cross compiler, I get the following message :

In file included from rsync.c:23:
rsync.h:360: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
rsync.h:360: error: parse error before "inode"
rsync.h:361: error: parse error before "dev"
rsync.h:361: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `dev'
rsync.h:361: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

So I don't know what to do, I have deleted the concerned line but it causes
problem when compiling some other files.

Has anyone an idea ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards, Florian

Association Nantes-Wireless