connection unexpectedly closed... solved

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Jan 13 18:42:46 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 05:20:51PM +0000, Nigel Gilbert wrote:
> This might be thought to be a bug or a missing feature in rsync; rsync
> could have produced a more comprehensible error message.

Your shell should have told you about the command problem -- for
instance, I see this trying to run the command "missing-rsync":

    zsh: no such file or directory: missing-rsync

or this:

    /bin/bash: missing-rsync: command not found

This error should have been right in front of the error that rsync
outputs.

It might be possible for the local rsync to look for an abnormal exit
code from ssh (I'll look at that), but the local rsync mainly just sees
that its pipe is gone, and complains about that.