What programs does rsync need for a chroot jail?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Dec 19 17:44:59 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 07:12:57PM -0600, Gian Spicuzza wrote:
> I am trying to setup rsync in a chroot jail.  Are there any
> programs rsyncs needs to function with ssh?

The rsync executable just needs whatever dynamic libraries it was
compiled with (which could be eliminated if compiled with static
linkages) and (if a remote-shell connection is desired) a working
remote-shell program.  (It should be able to talk to a daemon rsync
without that.)  If you're running a daemon, there's also the
rsyncd.conf file.  Other than that, I can't think of anything else
that rsync needs.