feature-wish: "--ignore-unrelated-errors" option

David Madore david.madore at ens.fr
Thu Aug 25 00:43:09 GMT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 09:52:55PM -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> If there's a directory which you know cannot be read and you don't wish
> to change it, I'd suggest excluding it from the transfer with --exclude.

That's what I'm doing so far; unfortunately, I'm using rsync to backup
a Windows filesystem on a Unix box, and who knows what bizarre
directories and with what bizarre permissions Windows is capable of
inventing: manually excluding them works pretty well, until a new one
appears for some reason.

So it's a bit unfortunate that a "permission denied" or "path name too
long" or "device or resource busy" error on foo/corge/temp/muf/blah/
will prevent bar/files/oldfile.txt from being deleted.

Happy hacking,

--
     David A. Madore
    (david.madore at ens.fr,