Upload to a server

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Apr 11 16:36:39 GMT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 08:10:10PM -0400, Private wrote:
> Now I want it to upload mirrored files to a server that I don't have
> shell access on.
>
> rsync -avz --delete ftp.ibiblio.org::ldp_mirror /ftp.mysite.com/ldp

This downloads files from ftp.ibiblio.org to the local server.  If you
want to upload files to ibiblio, you'll need to put the daemon reference
last.  You need to also ensure that you have write permissions, which I
doubt that this public rsync interface makes available.

If, on the other hand, you're wanting to take files from ftp.ibiblio.org
and send them to another machine on your local network but without
logging into that other machine, you'll need to do that in two steps
(because rsync does not support both ends of the transfer being remote).
You'll also need an rsync daemon running on the upload machine.

BTW, these AVG attachments are pretty useless because they're plain-text
that could be spoofed by any malicious party.  I'd suggest turning them
off in the AVG email options.