--compare-dest and preserving attributes change

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Apr 2 01:22:10 GMT 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 04:58:07PM -0500, Andrew Gideon wrote:
> Does this also fix the problem I reported in:
>
>  http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2005-February/011746.html

No, rsync doesn't yet handle ACLs.  I believe that the rawhide version
of rsync (for redhat) is going to be patched to work with extended
attributes, so hopefully we'll get something integrated into rsync
before too long (I haven't had time to work on this because none of
the systems I use have extended-attribute enabled).