pauses sync'ing between tmpfs and disk on Linux 2.4.x

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Fri Apr 1 20:25:05 GMT 2005

Thanks for the response, Tim.. I think I identified my bottleneck.  Should
have been pretty obvious.  There are quite a few processes writing to /
creating the files I'm rsync'ing.  If I disable the daemon that handles this
before rsync'ing, the speed of the rsync is quite fast.  Must be some locking
issue with files open for write while rsync tries to read them.

D'oh!

Thanks again.

Ray