patch for replacing non-printable chars in filenames

Vidar Madsen vidarino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:26:18 GMT 2005

Hi.

> After trying this a bit, I now think it would read better to use 3-digit
> octal escaping.

I would be perfectly fine with that. And octal is probably more in the
line of how escaping is traditionally done. As long as I can process
the files in the log, I'm all for it.

Btw, will this change make it into a later rsync version (2.4.7?) ? I
would rather not depend on using a custom patched rsync, but if it
will become a standard feature at some point it feels less hacky. ;)

Anyway, thanks. :)

Vidar