rsync 2.6.2 hang (was rsync 2.6.2 crash)

John rsync at computerdatasafe.com.au
Wed Sep 29 05:34:28 GMT 2004

jim wrote:

>Hey, that's pretty funny. Actually, I would much prefer a Linux environment, but I don't
>always get what I want. We are primarily a Windows and HP-UX shop, so it's not so
>easy get the powers that be to buy into a Linux box.  In addition, I'm using several
>sets of in-house libraries for this project that have not been built on Linux. I could
>easily burn another couple of months setting up build environments and testing
>the Linux builds. Not going to happen at this point.
>
>Our low-end server environment is W2K3, so that's what I'm stuck with.

I'd have thought Chuck suggests you install a Linux backup server. You
don't have to run Windows on your backup server do you?

Standard Debian or whatever and backuppc will probably handle it.

Tell management it's like HP-UX but cheaper and you don't have to face
HP delivery times:-) Or Windows viruses.