Ownership

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Sep 28 15:29:46 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 05:15:55PM +0200, Essyug wrote:
> How can I check whether rsync uses /etc/nsswitch.conf or not?

I'd suggest finding a Linux forum to ask that question (and first
googling to see if the answer is already out there).  I'd also suggest
creating a simple test program that just tries to lookup "testuser"
using getpwnam() (you could easily tweak the code I sent in a message
just recently as a good start for such a program).  Try running that,
ensure that it fails in a similar manner, and then look for information
on getting that test program to work.