Problem compiling 2.6.3.pre1 under Cygwin with Mingw

Nils internationils at gmx.net
Mon Sep 20 09:38:37 GMT 2004

Hello, I'm trying to compile rsync under Cygwin using Mingw, but without
success so far.

$ CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' ./configure --build=mingw32
configure: Configuring rsync 2.6.3pre1
checking build system type... i386-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i386-pc-mingw32
checking target system type... i386-pc-mingw32
checking for gcc... gcc -mno-cygwin
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for socklen_t... no
checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a type to
use in place of socklen_t
$

In a Mail from 2002 I found the following:
 > This one"s easy to fix:
 >
 > #ifdef _WIN32
 > # include <winsock2.h>
 > #endif
 >
 > And be sure to add -lws2_32 when linking.
 >
 > Earnie.

...but haven't been able to get it to work, since I can't figure out how to
include this in the config check (or even if this is still the correct
solution).  I've attached the config log.

Thanks for any help!

Nils.

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl