rsync 2.6.3 hang (was rsync 2.6.2 crash)

jim jim at thegallaghers.biz
Wed Oct 6 20:16:38 GMT 2004

Wayne,

I'm trying to debug the hanging problem. I rebuilt cygwin1.dll to include debugging
info, and I'm using rsync 2.6.3 compiled without optimization and with -g. I need a
little assistance with gdb.

When I attach to a hung rsync process, none of the backtraces of any of the threads
seem to have any stack frames showing calls from rsync code. I think the backtrace
I sent to the mailing list was the same way.  What am I doing wrong? Also, why
does the rsync process have four threads? Do these threads get started before main
is called?

Thanks,
Jim