do rsync mark files?

José Luis Poza pozaj at tb-solutions.com
Mon Oct 4 10:56:34 GMT 2004

Hello, I´m using cwrysn and rsync to backup a mixed network with linux, unix
and nt servers. 12 days ago I had a problem with my other backup system
"Bakup Exec" of Veritas company based of tape devices because the
incremental copies was anormaly longer that before.

The parameters I use with cwrync are.
    -av --stats --backup --force --ignore-errors --temp-dir=/cygdrive/c/temp
--timeout=5400

My question is, Does rsync mark the files that it scan with a type ok backup
attribute? or is it a problem of the other System backup?.

PD: The last cwrsync version solves the link name size problem I questioned
us in the other message.

               José Luis Poza
               TB·Solutions Delivery Services

               E-mail: pozaj at tb-solutions.com