User NONE using rsync in Windows server

tevfik at itefix.no tevfik at itefix.no
Tue Nov 23 12:30:14 GMT 2004

Hi,

Probably you don't have environment variable CYGWIN=nontsec defined
somewhere in your system. By default, cygwin TRIES to map unix permissions
to windows acls and updates permissions accordingly. This may work and
make sense to some extent, if you have a full-blown cygwin environment and
always use it. Mostly this is not the case.

I recommend to use CYGWIN=nontsec when running rsync, to make sure that
cygwin does not disturb your windows permissions.

See http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=faq&FAQ_op=view&FAQ_id=12
for more info.

Rgrds Tev

cwRsync maintainer