Windows issue...

Michael Thomaschewski michaelt at zentra.com
Fri May 14 20:19:59 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have been using RSYNC to backup data from a Windows XP box to a Linux
box successfully for some time.  Recently I tried to RSYNC from a
Windows XP box to a Windows XP box.  It does function.  However when a
file is deleted on the source, then RSYNC is performed, the destination
does not DELETE the file.  Is this a limitation of RSYNC on Windows?
This is the command line I use to perform the RSYNC between Windows
machines:

rsync -a -vvv --delete /cygdrive/d/utilities/*
NACALLAPT003::test/utilities

I have done searches on GOOGLE looking for someone whom has experienced
the same problems...With no success.

Thanks,

Michael Thomaschewski

Zentra Computer Technologies Inc.