2.6.1pre-1 Segmentation fault & other fun

Erik Jan Tromp betageek at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 26 15:03:54 GMT 2004

Oops :)

-- quote --
$ rsync -aHPv rsync://host/module/single.file .
<motd, if any>
receiving file list ...
1 file to consider
Segmentation fault
-- endquote --

The rsync process remains running until explicitly 'kill'ed. At which point, the following is printed:

-- quote --
rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(225)
-- endquote --

-- quote --
$ rsync -aHPv /path/to/single.file .
building file list ... done
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(342)
-- endquote --

rsync 2.6.0 transfers the file with no errors when called as above.

I realize it's silly to attempt preserving hardlinks when transferring a single file, btw. This behaviour manifested when I was testing some scripts using '-aHPv' as the default options.

Test machines: slackware 8.1 & 9.1, stock build chain for each.

(I hope I gave enough info.. not exactly clear headed at the moment)

--
Registered Linux User Number 140066
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=140066

"Failure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.)"
"If it ain't broke, overclock it."