real Newbie query sorry!

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Wed Jun 16 11:00:18 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:33:29AM +0100, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> Hi as I'm a real newbie to rsync I'd better apoligise if this is 'old hat'.

Its OK! the only silly question is that which is not asked.

We all were newbies once or twice...

[SNIP]

> The DOS shell command I'm using is this:
>
> C:\cwrsync>rsync -v server:public
>
> Why is it not allowing me to get a file list?
>

> If I do :
>
> rsync -v stuarth at green:

Try

rsync -v server::public

rsync -v server:public is looking for directory called punlic on server
not for the rsync module called public on server. Please read the doco
carefully for difference between '::' and ':' notation.

Tomasz Ciolek
--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
 tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au