question

Terry Dooher tdooher.lists at naturalmotion.com
Thu Jun 3 16:27:54 GMT 2004

I had this problem trying to script an unattended backup. (rsync 2.6.1
on cygwin)

I found that if you need to pass command line arguments to ssh you need
to use:

rsync --rsh="ssh -i key"

Using -e, if I remember it correctly, just tries to execute a command
called "ssh -i key" which, obviously, doesn't exist. I think this is a
feature rather than a bug, though. Maybe :)

Terry.