HP-UX 11i and largefiles on rsync 2.6.2

Steve Bonds knnf6cy7w001 at sneakemail.com
Sat Jul 31 00:10:54 GMT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Wayne Davison wayned-at-samba.org |Rsync List| wrote:

> This would seem to indicate that the mkstemp() call is not compatible
> with large file systems, probably because it is not calling the right
> open() call in the library (on systems where large- file support
> redefines functions like open() into open64()).

This is indeed the case, and HP has verified that this library is broken.
It seems they didn't build it with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 like they should
have.

The HP bug tracking number is JAGaf34426.  Since it's a change to their
libc package I suspect it will be a while before it emerges from their
patch factory.  Changes to libc get pretty thorough testing.  ;-)

  -- Steve