Using Rsync to move files

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Jul 15 17:18:56 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:15:17AM +0100, Hamilton, David (HPS) wrote:
> I notice Wayne had a patch to do this listed in the list archives, but I
> don't know what version of rsync he was patching against.

These days there's a file named delete-sent-files.diff in the "patches"
dir in cvs that applies to the cvs source.  You can snag a copy either
using cvs or using one of the nightly tar files (from the web site).

Some of the older-style patches are also still available.  The last one
I generated is here:

    http://www.blorf.net/rsync-2.6.0-delete-sent-files.patch

A company I worked for used an rsync modified by this style of patch for
quite a few years with nary a problem (starting with an older rsync
version).