rsync and permissions

Christian Frabel christian.frabel at genibrede.com
Mon Jul 5 11:53:44 GMT 2004

Dear all,

On one hand we use a server connected to the Internet where we put, CVS
repositories, databases, etc.
On the other hand, we try to backup to a local machine using rsync. We
use a rsync server on the distant machine and we connect from the local
one usinf ssh. All works fine except that I am unable to set a global
"strategy" on permissions, i.e. what user rsync had to use to get all
the distant files. Have I to connect as root?
What about security in this case?
Generally speaking, is there somewhere information aroud this subject?
Thank you for your help.

--
Christian Frabel