Reciprocal Update

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 30 16:03:44 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:32:47AM -0800, ms419 at freezone.co.uk wrote:
> Can rsync preserve the timestamp of an original when it is copied?

You can find the answer to this in the man page as well as in the help
output, just look for the word "time".  (Hint: -t)

> For that matter, I run rsync in both directions every time I use it -
> to propagate changes in both directions.

You really want to be using "unison", since this is what it is designed
to do.  It handles deletions (which your invocation of rsync doesn't),
lets you see a diff of what changed, handles conflicts caused by a
change on both sides, etc., etc.