rsync error using ssh : @ERROR: access denied toserver.domain.com from unknown (0.0.0.0) {Scanned By MailScanner}

tallen at 10east.com tallen at 10east.com
Wed Jan 28 02:55:41 GMT 2004

I've encountered a similar situation, and tracked it down.  It seems that
if the shell for your user is set to bash2 versions 2.0 -> 2.05.0, it
causes your IP to appear as 0.0.0.0 .  However, this has been fixed in
2.05b.0, and also works as normal in every other shell I've tested (zsh,
csh, bash v1.x, ash).  When I use SSH keys, I use a forced command, with a
from address, but I also use the rsync hosts allow/deny so that the keys
can be used to access some shares from some machines, and some from
others.  the 2.05b version can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/directory/GNU/bash.html .  Hope that helps.