rsync on Interix WSU 3.5

Cedric Puddy cedric at cadence.thinkers.org
Tue Jan 20 04:40:38 GMT 2004

Side note about Interix tools -- I just checked on
Interop Systems site, and they don't seem to be currently
maintaining a "port" of rsync.

They maintain prebuilt copies (with source, of course,
and they do submit changes back to maintainers AFAIK
when they make changes) of many useful tools.
If you're of a mind to have your work made more generally
available, I believe they solicate nominations/built
software for the "warehouse", and that they generally
make an effort to ensure that tools in the warehouse
are updated and rebuilt as new versions come out (eg:
potentially saving you having to do again later for
newer versions).

Obviously, I can't vouch for that, since I don't speak
for them, but that's my understanding of part of what
they do.

You may well be pleasantly surprised how it builds --
it should be just like building on any Real Unix
(it is technically, a Real Unix OS that happens to use
the NT microkernel for process scheduling and hardware
abstraction, with some linkages for convience to Win32
space).

If it building it gives you grief, I would be interested
and able to assist with getting it built too, for what
it's worth.

I hope that helps a little,
	Best Regards,

	-Cedric