wish: module max connections

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Dec 29 20:16:32 GMT 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 06:47:32PM +0100, daniele giacomini wrote:
> Currently, the option "max connections" allow to limit the sum of all
> connections, but, it seems to me, that there is no way to get
> something like a "module max connections".

There is a way to do this if you're willing to separate all the modules.
If you put each module into its own config file, set "max connections"
to 1 in each file, assign each one a unique port, and then start a
separate daemon for each module, you can prevent anyone from connecting
to a module twice.  You do lose the ability to limit the total number of
connections to something less than the total number of modules, however,
and you will need to tell the folks connecting to your system to start
using their assigned port number, but other than that it should work as
you desire.