Redundant Rsync?

Ernie Oporto ernieoporto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:27:24 GMT 2004

Is there a way to tell rsync that if it does not have contact with a
certain rsync server to continue on to another for file requests?  I
imagine something like this, where you define two servers as the
source...

/usr/local/bin/rsync {serv1,serv2}::src dest

...proposing that
1. Should serv1 be down when the sync is originally started, that
serv2 be contacted after a timeout.
2. Not so important, but probably a desirable thing once the above is
available, if serv1 or its connection dies in the middle of a sync,
that the sync continue on to serv2.

I'm not sure that I'm asking for something as complex as a failover
mode between paired servers, but just something in the client that
lets it know to move on.

--