rsync process never quits! BUG? PROBLEM?

Polyanovskyi, Sasha sasha.polyanovskyi at oa.com.au
Tue Aug 17 01:55:52 GMT 2004

OK, I think this is an RSYNC bug!
When I start a single rsync process on the source machine, everything works
fine: on the destination machine the listening daemon exits after the
operation completes. When I start more than one rsync process on the source
machine, here is what happens:

*	on some of the destination machines not just one rsync daemon, but
two rsync.exe processes become running (even though only one of several
parallel rsync processes from the source machine deals with such a
destination machine)

*	after the operation completes all the rsync.exe processes on such
destination machines remain running forever!

It seems as if parallel RSYNCs on the source machine get confused with one
another, sending unnecessary requests to daemons of some destinations
machines and never closing the connections from those requests

Please read below for more details if interested