Rsync OS X/Linux

Tim Conway conway at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 6 23:52:00 GMT 2004

Left to right.  The very last path on the commandline is the destination.
Don't put any source location there.  If you're not certain what will
happen with a particular commandline, add "-n" to it, along with at least
one "-v", and it'll tell you everything it would do.

"man rsync" will yield a wealth of information on the --compare-dest=,
--backup-dir=, and other useful options for incremental backups.
In the archives, you'll even find a nice application to use rsync to keep
up (and restore from) a sort of "snapshot" structure.

Tim Conway
Unix System Administration
Contractor - IBM Global Services
desk:3032734776
conway at us.ibm.com

Hi,
I'm kind of a newbie in development and need to create an incremental
backup
of my http server on my computer (through ssh). But after reading the
manual
I had, I afraid of mixing my source and destination.
Can somebody give me the right command and help me developing a daily
incremental backup script?
Thx,

Selim.