error from rsync2.5.6

Dave Barstow dbrsync at uk.photronics.com
Mon Sep 15 17:59:24 EST 2003

Jennifer,

I recall getting some error like this when I setup rsync on Solaris 9. I'd
recommed the following:

1. Check the rsync version is the same at both ends.
2. Use option  --rsync-path to tell rsync where its friend keeps the binary.
3. Check your runtime library path with crle command at both ends. I suspect
/usr/local/lib should be there.

I have problems compiling both samba and rsync under solaris 9. configure (Make)
can't seem to work out where popt.h is and I'm not sure if ln -s
/opt/sfw/include/popt.h
or ln -s popt/popt.h is correct for rsync.

Dave.