workaround for HFS+'s case-insensitivity?

Daniel M. Drucker dmd at 3e.org
Wed Oct 29 18:29:59 EST 2003

I am using Mike Rubel's snapshot-style rsync to do backups from my web
server (Linux) to my desktop (MacOS X). Mostly, this works great,
except where case sensitivity (or rather, HFS+'s semi-lack thereof)
causes problems.

Specifically, it seems impossible to successfully back up my Linux box's
/usr/share/terminfo, as it contains directories that differ ONLY in
case (e.g., /usr/share/terminfo/X and /usr/share/terminfo/x).

Short of repartitioning my hard drive and making a UFS partition, is
there any workaround anyone has come across?

Daniel Drucker / dmd at 3e.org