rsync -vae ssh user@host1:/tmp/dir user@host2:/tmp/

Darxus at ChaosReigns.com Darxus at ChaosReigns.com
Fri Oct 24 07:10:57 EST 2003

I have legitimate ssh access to two remote machines.  ssh directly
from either machine to the other is blocked by firewalls which I cannot
control.

$ rsync -vae ssh user at host1:/tmp/dir user at host2:/tmp/
receiving file list ... done
rsync: mkdir user at host2:/tmp: No such file or directory
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(319)

I would like this to copy host1:/tmp/dir into host2:/tmp/.

Is there some way to do this that I'm missing ?  Without copying the
gigabytes of data to my local hard drive first before sending to the second
machine (which I'm currently doing) ?

(scp has a similar problem, but rsync is often more useful to me)

--
"You may be recognized soon. Hide."
http://www.ChaosReigns.com