rsync & rcp

aslan at io.com aslan at io.com
Sat Nov 1 00:55:08 EST 2003

Thanks for your quick reply!

The tar solution isn't viable, since I'm writing java classes to allow
other java programs to transfer files via rsh/rexec. The only other
solution I can think of, other than closing the socket after every file,
is to emulate the rcp protocol and use rsh/rexec to call the rcp command
on the remote machine. That would mean I would have to use the binary
protocol you mention below to delimit files and describe metadata.

Is this binary protocol publicly available?

Thanks,
-Bryan