rsync through intermediate server

Jerry Neely jneely at pobox.com
Tue May 13 07:31:05 EST 2003

We have a number of scripts that use rsync to automate administration
of a number our servers.  We are adding servers that are not directly
network accessible to our main admin box.  That is, we have to go
through an intermediate machine to reach these new machines.  I've
seen how you can string ssh commands together to copy commands
through an intermediate machine.  Does anyone know of a way to do
something similar with rsync?  That is, how can I rsync files to/from
machine A to C through machine B without having to perform an
intermediate step on B?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jerry
--