MD4 bug-fix for protocol version 27

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu May 8 03:26:57 EST 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:39:57AM +1000, Donovan Baarda wrote:
> It is not that simple for rsync... it needs to be backwards compatible
> with the busted implementations. I believe some patches have been
> submitted that do this, and they are probably in the TODO list for
> submitting to CVS.

No, it has already been checked in.  So, it looks like his patch is
really all that is needed as long as the change in the algorithm is
valid (which I did not attempt to verify) -- i.e. protocol 27 is
already using a bug-fixed MD4 algorithm, and we should make it as
bug-free as possible before the next release.