Hello..

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Tue May 6 07:02:37 EST 2003

"Hello" is a vague and useless subject line often used for
spam.  Because of that and the international characters i
almost deleted you message unread.

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 04:31:24AM +0900, ÀÌÁø³² wrote:
> Dear All,
> This is JIN with working for Mantech Co.in South Korea.
> I have tried to intall rsync 2.5.6 verion on Redhat Advance Server kernel 2.4.9-e.3.
> When I compiled the rsync for the "make" and "make install", ths process of compiling has some unknown messages then
> the method to use the sync with "rsync -aux with 873 port" did not work but the other method  with "rsync with ssh " works.
>
> Q> does rsync work on Redhat Advanced Server with Kernel 2.4.9-e.3?

It works very well with all flavors of linux.

> If It works well, How do I do to use it? (please show me the example..to compile or to set the environment for the rsync)

There are plenty of examples to be found.  Start by looking
at the manpages and http://rsync.samba.org/  The EXAMPLES
page is not really tutorialesc so i suggest that The
RESOURCES page is probably your best starting point.  The
last entry on the RESOURCES page might be the best intro for
a UNIX/Linux newbie.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt