Update included popt to version 1.7

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Sun May 4 10:25:39 EST 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 04:43:50PM -0701, Jos Backus wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 12:35:28AM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
> > Jos Backus wrote:
> > > (Incidentally, this is one of those times I wish we
> > > were using something better than CVS, which in my
> > > opinion has poor support for vendor code maintenance.)
> >
> > CVS vendor branches aren't perfect, but they do the job
> > well enough. Is there some reason they aren't being used
> > for rsync's popt?
>
> Not sure, but I guess we should.
>
> Fwiw, I see people on the FreeBSD lists complain all the
> time about problems with taking files off the vendor
> branch in order to apply local changes. I'm no expert but
> if these folks complain about the mechanism there must be
> something to it, methinks.

A couple of notes if you do create a vendor branch, which
seems a good idea.

Be sure what you import is unchanged from the popt project.

Force the branch number (-b option) to 1.7.1 to match the
version you are getting.  A this point there aren't any popt
files with revisions higher than 1.5 so there should be no
conflict with 1.7.1.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt