Batch Mode?

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Sat May 3 02:21:34 EST 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:27:37AM -0700, Chad Rosenberg wrote:
> I have been trying to run some tests and I get the below error when I use
> the --read-batch option to.  I can successfully create an initial set of
> batch files, then a second set based upon a few modified test files from the
> first batch.  When I first run the --read-batch option on the first batch
> files against an empty destination directory, it works fine recreating the
> expected test files.  But, then I run it on the second set of batch files,
> which are supposed to apply changes to my testfile, it errors out:
>
> rsync --read-batch=batch1 --progress --stats -v dest_dir/testfile1
> [ Happy results here, testfile1 created in dest_dir ]
>
> rsync --read-batch=batch2 --progress --stats -v dest_dir/testfile1
>
> testfile1
> rsync: error writing 64 unbuffered bytes - exiting: Connection reset by peer
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
> /tmp/rsync-2.5.5/io.c(463)
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

First of all, can you reproduce this with the current version, 2.5.6?

Secondly, can you supply us with a set of instructions describing exactly what
you did (i.o.w. your test setup) so I can try to reproduce this? That would be
helpful.

--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA