Comparing local with remote files without transfer

Patrick Strasser past at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Mar 4 02:42:58 EST 2003

Hello,

I try to create jigdo file sets [1], but got stuck when selecting files
to include. Normally you build the images with local access to a file
system identical to the mirrored one. But I do not have access to a
mirror on filesystem level, and I don't want to set up one.

So what I would like to know: Is there a operation mode in rsync that
compares remote and local files and prints out the names of the matching
  files?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

[1] http://atterer.net/jigdo/

Patrick Strasser <pstrasser at sbox dot tugraz dot at>