Request for option for use on an unreliable connection

David Lambert dlambert at breakawaysystems.com
Thu Jun 26 04:28:32 EST 2003

I have been using rsync for the last year or so. Generally I am very
pleased with the performance and features, but I am forced to use a
rather unreliable link to one of my mirrors. Consequentially rsync often
bails out with a protocol error in the middle of a large session due to
transient misbehaviour on the link. This appears to abort the whole
transfer. One solution would appear to be an option to log the error
then attempt the next file in the set. Is there a patch to allow this?
Has anyone had similar problems?

TIA

David Lambert