Trouble rsyncing from Windows to Unix

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Tue Jun 17 11:49:20 EST 2003

You may have two points of trouble.  First, you need to specify something to
get it to be recursive. I use -a, which covers most everything. I also use R
for relative paths. I think that you might also have  trouble with  the
"/usr/bin/ssh -l dplbackup" part.  Try this:

C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.exe -aR -e c:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe -l dplbackup
/cygdrive/d/user_dpl electric:/raid/backups/dpllaptop

OR, if you don't do c:\cygwin\bin\ , you might try
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/ssh.exe

I have never been able to get the -l command to work in Windows, though.
Instead, you might try:
C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.exe -aR -e c:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe /cygdrive/d/user_dpl
dplbackup at electric:/raid/backups/dpllaptop

Trey Nolen