[rsync@b] Re: rsync and cygwin

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Wed Jun 4 19:16:55 EST 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 10:50:18AM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Bert wrote:
>
> >While I don't know the cygwin architecture details, it looks like the
> >/cygdrive functionality is a part of cygwin.dll and can be used
> >without a parent bash shell.
>
> It is part of it's POSIX-layerness, indeed, and it's storen in the
> registry, so it needs no "startup script" to set it up:
>
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#MOUNT-TABLE

Perhaps that is the document he needs.  If not could you
cygwinese, cygwinites, cygwinists, cygwinim or whatever
point him to one that will clear up the slash/backslash
issues that still haven't been addressed.  Rsync does not
recognise backslashes as such in exclude patterns.  Path
components are expected to be delimited by slashes ("/")
only.  I expect the cygwin library translates as necessary.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt