rsync release planning

Lee Eakin Leakin at dfw.Nostrum.com
Wed Jul 9 04:51:30 EST 2003

As a zsh, perl, rsync user I would like to voice a vote for including
all of these pattern matching improvements in the next release.  I big
warning could be placed in a NEWS or UPGRADE file so people would be
aware of the change.  I think all of these improvements listed make it
behave MORE intuitively with respect to the way other programs work.

Yes the results of current rsync scripts could change, but they will
mostly be changing to behave as people wanted or expected them to in the
first place.

These are all great improvements.  Thanks for all your hard work on
this.

BTW, am I correct in thinking the the --files-from option (reading a
sparse tree list from a file or stdin) is also in CVS and will be part
of the next release?
  -Lee