Problems with RSync and Windows 2000

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Aug 19 09:59:26 EST 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:33:51PM -0400, Ladd, Charles wrote:
> Im trying to script an Rsync batch job to run multiple times a day to
> back up to Windows 2000 Servers. The Synch works great, but at the end
> of the job the command never exits.

I think you'll find that the command has exited, but the window remains
open (to let you read the output) -- i.e. if you schedule any command-
line tool, the same thing will happen.  If this is the case, I believe
there's an option that will cause the window to close on program exit,
but since I try to avoid MS products, I don't know what it is.  If no
one here chimes in with an answer, I'd suggest asking an MS-specific
forum about this.