Two --bwlimit issues

jp at pour.midcoast.com jp at pour.midcoast.com
Thu Apr 17 05:11:17 EST 2003

2. I use it mainly on the client side. Depending on the speed of the WAN
connection and how much of the pipe I want the Rsync to have. For
instance, I have 384kbps capacity internet connection at home, so I set
bwlimit to 12 on my home computers' remote backup, for about 120kbps of
usage.

Some other locations with faster connections get a higher speed in
bwlimit. Locations on the same LAN do not get a bwlimit setting at all.

On question1, I would venture a GUESS that it's per-client, since each
client gets it's own process on the server when you run rsync in daemon
mode. I do not specify it on the server side.

-Jason

--
/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Internet Access,