ways to ignore modified times of folders in NT?

bart.coninckx at sita.be bart.coninckx at sita.be
Sun Oct 20 20:05:01 EST 2002

Hi all,

this is a small problem I encounter while using rsync on NT (client and
server).
Whenever I need to restore files and folders from tape back to the
destination server (for instance when changing hardware), Windows NT
behaves in such a way that the modified times of the files are respected,
but folders receive a modified time of the moment that they are recreated.
This presents quite a delay in time during the following sync: all the
folder attributes need to be synced again.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening, in other words: can you
have rsync ignore folder modified times?

Thx already,

Bart Coninckx
Network Administrator
CNE, ASE
*************************************
Watco ICT Services
Lilsedijk 19
B-2340 Beerse
Belgium

e-mail: bart.coninckx at sita.be
Tel: + 32 (0) 14 60 99 42
Fax: + 32 (0) 14 62 41 47
*************************************

The information in this email is confidential, and is intended solely for
the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email
please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system;
you should not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone,
not even by forwarding it.
Due to the integrity risk of sending emails over the Internet,
Sita ICT will accept no liability for any comments and/or attachments
contained within this email.