Speed problem

uwp at dicke-aersche.de uwp at dicke-aersche.de
Tue Nov 12 00:12:01 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 Bruno Ferreira wrote:

> Look for the processor usage in the machines that are transfering the
> files. You'll probably see that one of those machines has about 100%

This doesn't seem to be the worst point. I mean: the machine is not
going down under pressure or something like that. You can really
work with it. Only the speed is going down.

> processor usage, given that the big files are about 70Gb. Try massive
> block sizes, apart from that I have no ideas.

I tried this and it got slightly better, but the higher I set
the blocksize the longer I have to wait before it starts. And I can
only lengthen the time until speed begins to drop again. Maybe after
20 or 30 minutes I ran into the same problem.

> The problem is unrelated from network bandwith, though...

Can you elaborate on that ? What's the problem ? Besides of this
problem rsync would be the perfect tool to move heavy data throughout
the machines...

Mermgfurt,
		Udo
--
      Udo Wolter <-> uwp at dicke-aersche.de        |  /"\
  !!! Free Music Video !!! All Linux made !!!    |  \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN