SCRATCH update wrong date, soft links, Debian stable, -L, ...

John D. Hendrickson jdh at hend.net
Sat May 18 21:33:01 EST 2002

Hmm,

scratch the issue

I used touch on the file and now it works (even though it shouldn't have
made a difference).  In short - maybe its not [purely anyway] rsync
related.

(From last post)

(Though 'newer' and 'stat' had already clearly showed it to be newer,
and though I had saved it to be sure it had a recent date - I tried
touch anyway.  Still - newer said it was newer and rsync didn't - but in
that case touch shouldn't have changed the condition.  So maybe its an
nfs fluke?  Who knows...)