Incremental Diffs?

Kim Scarborough lists at jinx.unknown.nu
Tue Mar 19 04:22:40 EST 2002

> it looks like you're correct in your assesment of the problem
> (i.e. the whole file is copied).  You don't say what version of rsync
> you're running, but there may be a bug in the current version introduced
> recently with the addition of the --no-whole-file option.
> See the following message for a description of the problem and a patch:
>
>    http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/rsync/2002-March/006526.html

Ah, glad I'm not crazy.

I was running 2.5.2 client-side and 2.5.3pre1 server-side. I upgraded both
to 2.5.4, but the behavior persists. I tried it both with and without that
patch.

Is there anything else I can try?

Kim Scarborough                                      http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
"I have to applaud whoever thought of making a big hot dog shaped car, and
then made that vision a reality"
                                                                 - Chris Scales